Senior Android Developer
Summary: The Senior Android Developer position involves development of state of the art Android applications working closely with senior SDK developers and server engineers. As a Mobile Application Engineer it will be your job to guide the development team on best practices and procedures for mobile application development on devices that run the Android OS
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Primary duties include but are not limited to Android Developer:
- Working in a team environment on a variety of device applications from planning to delivery.
- Requirement analysis; object oriented analysis/design; defect resolution; unit testing; and providing architectural guidance to assure performance and reliability on the mobile device.
- Designing and implementing a solution through the life cycle of the project.
Qualifications: As a successful candidate for this role you will have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, fluency in coding and systems design, solid communication skills and a desire to tackle the complex problems.
- More than 2 years of experience in developing Mobile applications using Android
- Strong back ground of Java (a must) and C++ with overall experience of more than 5 years.
- Demonstrated ability developing with J2EE technology stack, MVC frameworks, Android SDK/JNI and Java development tools
- Knowledge of web-based technologies and protocols such as REST, JSON and XML.
- Experience with creating Android installation packages.
- Experience with database design and development.
- Participate in requirements and design review
- Participate in code reviews; perform code testing, document code developments
- Able to work within development standards & best practices
- Must have strong written and verbal skills with the ability to communicate effectively
- Passion for building mobile application in fast phased and agile development environment.
- Able to participate in Scrum project planning, estimation, solution design
- Able to develop code that upholds architectural integrity
- Android Material Design and knowledge of using Fragment
- Develop custom UI controls (e.g. infinite list, multi-dimensional list view)
- Solid understanding of touch behaviors/control
- Experienced working with Bluetooth device (e.g. Create Profile, Broadcast, Handshake protocol)
- Android Services, Push Notification Service
Educations and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in Software Development
- 5-8 years of continuous experience developing Android applications
- Experience with Scrum Process Life cycle is desirable
- Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) and Git desirable.