Manager, Development – Java,
- Manage a team of technical and non-technical individual contributors (Software Engineers, Program and Product Managers, Database Engineers and Administrators etc.).
- Lead the design of new applications and technology or is otherwise influential in the design efforts of other leaders through collaboration and participation in the discovery, documentation and validation designs before and during software development.
- Manage end-to-end development of software and solutions for ecommerce applications and related technologies.
- Ensure successful delivery of solutions, meet specifications and create little to no operational support overhead.
- Collaborate with other managers and consistently and effectively communicate across the organization and up the leadership chain.
- Drive initiatives for operational improvement and ensure team members do the same.
- Mentor individual contributor team members.
- Influence the discovery and decision making process when changes to standards and technology are required.
- Serve as a team member in the design and new technology proof of concept for applications for new technology.
- Lead code reviews to ensure functional performance specifications are met and engineering standards are followed.
- Create self-documenting designs and/or clearly communicate intent via comments in code, on specifications, in as-built documentation and during code reviews.
- Write unit and integration tests for each deliverable, effectively and comprehensively exercising the code; prevent the introduction of subsequent bugs; and correct existing bugs or design issues when discovered.
- Three or four year Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or the foreign equivalent.
- Four years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with MongoDB, IBM DB2 and MySQL.
- Experience with IBM Websphere Commerce Suite, RAD, Eclipse IDE, DynaTrace, Ant, TOAD, Rational Rose, SQL Developer and VSS.
- Experience with SVN, JIRA, Firebug Profiler, Process Explorer, Google Page Speed, Web Page Test and Fiddler.
- Experience with Agile and Waterfall.