The Architect creates and designs new software, applying theoretical principles of computing and mathematics in order to analyze, test and assess software systems. The Architect evaluates user needs while designing and testing new software to meet those needs. This may involve analyzing and developing flow charts, models, diagrams and algorithms in addition to coding or modifying software. This position researches and develops new technologies and processes/algorithms, and introduces them to the enterprise as needed to improve revenue and customer satisfaction.
- Keeps abreast of new technology patterns and trends. Leads the evolution of standards and technology (tools, conventions and design patterns)
- Leads and reviews the design of applications and new technology
- Leads analysis, design and development of software with small technical team
- Influences the discovery and decision-making process when changes to standards and technology are required (tools, conventions and design patterns).
- Independently develops and implements software for ecommerce applications and related technology, with minimum oversight
- Leads code reviews to ensure functional performance specifications are met and engineering standards are followed.
- Creates self-documenting designs and/or clearly communicates intent via comments in code, on specifications, in as-built documentation and during code reviews.
- Writes unit and integration tests for each deliverable, effectively and comprehensively exercising the code; prevents the introduction of subsequent bugs, and corrects existing bugs or design issues when discovered.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- BS Degree
- The ideal candidate must have minimum 15 years’ hands on experience with Core Java development.
- The ideal candidate must have experience with design and development of new web service features across multiple platforms (iOS, Android, etc), including the service development, architecture design, technology build and deployment activities.
- The ideal candidate must have previous experience designing & developing e-commerce solutions using Java 1.5 and above, XML and other web technologies.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS PREFERRED:
- Master’s degree
- Experience with AngularJS
- Experience with large scale e-commerce website product development