Engineer of Database Systems (DBA)
Summary: As an Engineer of Database Systems (DBA), you will have the opportunity to be a member of the database team responsible for supporting a mixed environment of SQL Server and Oracle Databases. Reporting to the Manager of Database Systems, the DBA will play a critical role in engineering, designing, and supporting different types of database platforms supporting mission critical operations for business. .
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES of a DBA:
- Assists with the technical design, implementation and support for designated database hardware and software technologies.
- Works closely with the business and IT to develop cost effective, operationally supportable solutions that meet complex requirements.
- Works to identify opportunities for improvement within the environment, both technical and operational, along with plans capture those benefits.
- Plan and execute proactive measures to achieve stability and availability of the database environments according to companies requirements
- Apply knowledge and experience of industry best practices within database administration
- Perform database capacity planning to ensure operational stability and availability of all databases
- Assists in managing the database area including maintenance (patching, Upgrading), managing incidents, root cause analysis and change control processes for the database area.
- Work directly with peer IT, security, operations and business teams to deliver database services necessary for deployment of Enterprise applications throughout the company.
- Provide 1st and 2nd level support for Databases.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, related discipline or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum of four years of experience in a large scale database environments (100+ databases), including administration, installation, and troubleshooting in a clustered environment.
- Minimum of four years of experience with Oracle 11g RDBMS and Unix/Linux.
- Experience supporting large scale SAP installations on Oracle/SQL Server considered a plus
- Knowledge of Oracle in high-availability configurations like clustering, always-on, database mirroring, log-shipping & replication.
- Preferred MCDBA / MCT certification or OCP.
- Strong experience in production database performance tuning working in coordination with the application teams.
- Strong Knowledge of database Backup & Recovery.
- Strong Knowledge of T-Sql, Pl/Sql and Sql Scripts, Knowledge of Stored Procedures, Database Triggers Functions & Packages.
- Knowledge of 3rd Party DBA Tools like Idera- Sql Diagnostic Manager & Admin tools, SCOM, Erwin & Redgate will be a plus.
- Experience in implementing pro-active measures for database performance efficiency & scalability in a growing environment.
- Strong Communications, customer focus and leadership skills.
- Solid Knowledge of industry best practices and technical skills.
- Strong team player with proven experience and ability to collaborate with other server, network, storage, server engineers and administrators required.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external business partners.
- Experience working directly with business partners on operational issues and communicating effectively to senior management.
- Off Hours Support including 24×7 on-call rotation required.